All candidates must select a Saint name and write a report, at least one page long, on their chosen Saint.
When selecting a confirmation name, designate the specific person (e, g., Thomas the Apostle, Thomas of Aquinas). The use of your baptismal name, if already after a Saint, can serve to further emphasize the three-fold process of Christian initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. The name chosen must be a Blessed or canonized Christian saint. A canonized Christian Saint is a man or a woman who has displayed heroic virtue and has been recognized by the Church. During Confirmation preparation time, candidates should research their baptismal name or the new Saint's name they have chosen. After you have selected the Saint you would like to be named after(and who will continue to pray for you), type a one page report about the Saint's life.
Include the following topics in your report:
· Who is the saint? (When and where did he or she live, family life, job, etc)
· What have you learned about this Saint through your research?
· Why did you select this Saint to represent your faith journey?
· How is this person a good role model for you to follow as a confirmed Catholic?
· Include the resources from which you obtained your information (web site, book, etc.).
reports are due in the Faith Formation office
by Monday, January 7, 2013.
There are numerous online resources for learning about the lives of Saints. Here are a few:
Each of these sites has a searchable index of saints. Some can be viewed by calendar, alphabetically, or by what they are a patron of. Each has a short description of that saint. If you have any questions or need additional resources or suggestions, please ask! E-mail: email@example.com